About Landau Chartworks
Since 1999, Landau Chartworks has been working with graphic recorders and facilitators worldwide to deliver large format scans and prints of the highest quality. We have continued to grow and thrive through word of mouth alone. We know what is important to our customers: personal service. We strive to exceed all of your expectations by delivering top quality digital files of your charts within a day.
There is no job too far-fetched for us to tackle! Post-its, pictures, taped magazine clippings, light pastels, rips in the paper, or correction tape - the final product as delivered in a digital file makes your chart look brand new.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to our ORDER FORM link on the homepage. You can either fill out the Online Order Form, or print the PDF, fill out the information and send it wrapped around your charts. Next, package up your charts to be shipped. A link to helpful instructions on how to package your charts is also on the right side of this page. If you need a quote for the job or have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your files are guaranteed to arrive in your Inbox 48 hours from our receipt of your charts. But…insiders tip….if you give us notice to expect your charts with a heads-up email to email@example.com we can usually get you the digital files THE DAY the charts arrive.
Our scanner accepts charts up to 54 inches wide by infinite in length.
Generally, most graphic recorders have handwriting about the same size. A 4x8 foot chart can easily be reduced to letter size. If it is larger than 4x8 feet, or your chart is packed full of words and pictures (hardly any white space at all) then ledger size would be a good way to go.
Please send your highest resolution picture. Higher than 72 dpi is preferred.
- Select the highest resolution possible, or the highest quality of photo.
- Use a tripod if possible so that when/if you take the two pictures, they are at the same height and distance from the chart.
- Make sure your chart is nice and flat on the wall – wrinkles cause shadows and can distort the color of the pens/pastels etc.
- The most important/helpful point to note is to make sure there is EVEN LIGHTING. A photo taken without any overhead lights or lights at all is much better than one with lights. The ideal situation is in front of a window on an overcast day - with no lights on inside.
- As for using a flash - I’d suggest you take two versions - one with a flash and one without and I can let you know what works best going forward.
- For charts up to 4’ x 6’ one photo should do the trick, but if you want to have a final file that is bigger than Letter size, I’d suggest taking two photos - one of the left and one of the right side of the chart - with an overlap of at least 2 feet in the middle.
- Special note - light grey and light blue markers or pastels are the most difficult to preserve when taking pictures and making the background white. I’m not saying this to stop you from using these super useful/helpful colors in your illustration, but to make you aware that these do get affected and you may lose some of the color/fullness of these colors if you use them. In scanning, everything stays exactly as you created it, but taking photos is a compromise!
Yes, we reduce our rates on jobs with 20 or more scans.
Yes, no problem! We will have to tape down one edge of the post-its (the side that is rolled through the scanner). There will be a charge for the time spent preparing the charts to scan. This is billed by the quarter hour.
Once the charts have been scanned and sized to your specifications, we instantly email a Dropbox link to the addresses specified on your Order Form. You do not need to have a Dropbox account to access the files. You can also forward this link on to others who would like the files.
Please specify on the Order Form that you are unable to access Dropbox. We can send you the smaller files in the body of an email. For larger files that exceed the limits of email, you will need to provide us with a way to send them to you.
Please click on the 'Instructions to FedEx' link on the right of this page to access a PDF file which will give you detailed instructions on how to roll up the charts, package them, and send them to our studio.
Yes, we will ship anywhere in the world. However due to recent issues with International Shipments, we ask you provide your account number and there will be a small fee for us to handle the customs and international shipment forms.
Once the job has been scanned and sent, we will send the invoice via email to the name indicated on the Order Form. In the US, we accept payment via check, or instantly online either through your bank account number or with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express. In Canada, you can pay by e-transfer or mail us a check.